Movilla House is a committed company with vision. Our success is largely due to the fact that we employ good, talented people who offer their loyalty, commitment and hard work.
Movilla House is a high-quality nursing home in Newtownards, just a few miles from the town centre. Praised by the RQIA, we offer an exceptionally high standard of care, which makes this a home a great working environment for all staff members.
The team at Movilla House is dedicated to each and every day embracing our values of privacy, dignity, freedom of choice whilst promoting independence and fulfilment. Our team feel that Movilla House is a rewarding and empowering place to be.
Would like to become part of our incredible family and use your skills, in a warm and welcoming place that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones?
Currently we are on the search for:
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Hours: 30 hours per week
Responsible to: Chef & Home Manager
To assist the Chef in providing varied well balanced and nutritional meals for the people who use our service. The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen and of all equipment, cleaning materials, liquids and solvents used in the kitchen.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure that all the people who use our service have their dietary requirements met report any faults in the kitchen to the Chef
- Respond to or refer to the Chef any questions or concerns expressed by anyone using the service or staff within the service
- Maintain a clean and presentable kitchen
- Adhere with all policies and procedures, including compliance with Health and Safety, Security regulations
- Keep up-to-date with any changes to policies, procedures or regulations that affect the service
- Take responsibility for personal development and attendance at training both mandatory and service specific
- Report any incidents of non-compliance within the service to the Home Manager or next available management level
- Fulfil any duties requested by the Chef
- Ensure that any requests from the people that use the service are escalated to the Chef
- Take responsibility for the safe working environment for self, colleagues and the people who use our service
- Assist in the preparation of nutritious, well balanced, attractive meals in accordance with the needs of the people who use the service
- Handle and store food in accordance with food hygiene regulations.
- Serve meals and drinks to the people that use the service (dependent upon service)
- Talk to the people who use our service to ensure that the food has been prepared well and they like it
- Use cleaning materials in accordance with COSHH regulations blend food as required
- Prepare meal trays, lay tables, collect trays and clear tables after mealtimes load up trolleys for meal times and transport to and from the dining room(s)
- Clean all work surfaces, equipment, fridges, ovens and floors and store items correctly
- Ensure store rooms are well organised and clean wash crockery and cutlery or stack dishwasher
- Take delivery of food
- Ensure that food is used before expiry date Refill Cereal, Sugar containers etc
- Ensure that cleaning rotas are maintained and adhered to
- Any other duty as specified by the Chef to assist in ensuring the kitchen runs as smoothly as possible
- Participate in induction programme and in-service training.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and attend all training when required
- Communicate effectively with other staff, relatives and visitors
- Adhere to and ensure safe practice according to Health and Safety policies.
- Maintain client confidentiality, unwarranted breaches could result in disciplinary action
- Be fully aware of the fire policy and the awareness of food hygiene regulations
- Ensure you are familiar with all current policies and procedures and understand your duty to comply and implement them when necessary
**This job description is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and will be modified to meet changing needs.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th October 2021
If you are interested in the above position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively return to the following address:
51 Movilla Road
Alternatively download the appropriate Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form, complete and return by email or to the above address.
General Application Form
Nursing Application Form
Waiting lists may be compiled for future same/similar vacancies which may arise.
Movilla House is an equal opportunities employer.