Get in touch / 028 9181 9399
We would love to talk to you!
Movilla House is a committed company with vision. Our success is largely due to the fact that we employ good, talented people who offer their loyalty, commitment and hard work.
Movilla House is a high-quality nursing home in Newtownards, just a few miles from the town centre. Praised by the RQIA, we offer an exceptionally high standard of care, which makes this a home a great working environment for all staff members.
The team at Movilla House is dedicated to each and every day embracing our values of privacy, dignity, freedom of choice whilst promoting independence and fulfilment. Our team feel that Movilla House is a rewarding and empowering place to be.
Would like to become part of our incredible family and use your clinical and people skills, in a warm and welcoming place that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones?
Currently we are require the following:
PART TIME ACTIVITY THERAPIST
Activities are a huge part of life for residents at Movilla House Nursing Home and we make sure that the events we are planning are person-centred, aspirational and most of all, fun! We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Activity Therapist to help us keep activities at the heart of our home and ultimately making our home a great place to live.
From arranging live music, to flower arranging and crafting with our residents, this is a truly rewarding and varied role. Reporting to the Home Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with residents to ensure a range of interesting, stimulating and social activities are planned in every week.
Skills and values:
• Warm, empathetic, person centred and have a desire to make a difference
• Ability to work on own initiative with a friendly, creative and confident nature
• An excellent communicator with good written and verbal skills
• Flexible and be able to adapt to the needs of residents
• Computer skills are essential
• Previous experience in care home settings is preferred
• Dementia care trained or NVQ would be an advantage
What will you do as our Activity Therapist?
• Organise a client centred activity programme as well as external parties (entertainers, speakers etc.) to visit the residents
• Produce and distribute activity programmes
• Plan, organise and prepare for events - identify upcoming events, current issues and news
• Work with each new resident to understand their likes/dislikes, abilities and needs
• Keep records of activities
• Research and initiate engagement with the local community to build links and to access resources
• To develop opportunities for volunteers within Movilla House, to add value to the activities available
You will love this role because of part-time hours, 16hours per week, 11.00am-4.30pm on a consistent 3 on/3 off, Monday-Saturday shift pattern (up to 20 hours is available).
Closing date: Monday 10th February 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a Chef to join our busy, dedicated team. This is a full time, permanent role, which will require flexibility to work weekends when required.
STAFF NURSES - Banking Shifts (Days, Nights and Weekends)
This is a Bank position to provide cover as and when we need it, such as for annual leave or sick leave, the hours and days you work will vary.
You will be
What We Offer
Closing date: 8th November 2019
This is a rolling advert - if you have recently applied for a Bank Nurse position you do not need to reapply.
CARE ASSISTANT – FULL TIME, ON DAY DUTY OR NIGHT DUTY
What we offer
You must have
The Care Assistant position is a rolling ad. Waiting lists may be compiled for future same/similar vacancies which may arise.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, please forward your CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively return to the following address:
51 Movilla Road
Alternatively download the appropriate Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form, complete and return by email or to the above address.
If you require any assistance in completing these forms please feel free to contact us.
Call on 028 9181 9399
Movilla House Nursing Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Our Activity Therapists ensure there is something to enjoy every day.
The highest standard of care, delivered by qualified staff, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
"Movilla House leads the way in its quality of food and presentation of special dietary needs.” The Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority.